Sunday, September 21, 2008

How I lost faith in the Market.

What am I going to do now. I have lost my faith in Wall Street. Not because of their failures but because the government is now involved in it. I would still have trust in the system if the investment banks and all were allowed to fail. They deserved to fail for playing games and not managing themselves properly. This was supposed to be a free market after all wasn't it? In a free market business will succeed and fail based on their own actions.

I have come to the conclusion that the people I trusted for honest news and opinion have gone astray and I do not think I can ever forgive them. People I have followed over the years and to whom I would once say I respected highly. I am no economist but some of these respected economists are actually going along with this and they are dead wrong. I can name some that in the recent past have said that the government should not and could not do this and now they are supporting it.

I am now very interested in trying to find new ways to build my portfolio without using the stock market since I can not trust it to work properly if the government is going to regulate and control it. I am going to continue with my 401k for now because honestly there will be some uptick in the market and it is a chance for me to get some of my money back. But no matter what I will be looking for something else to invest in. Too bad not much else is tax exempt.

No comments: